This morning on the Jamie Ridler blog, the prompt for Wishcasting Wednesday is “What do you wish to try?” I’m not really feeling the prompt. When I wrote about it this morning, I was hung up on the Yoda quote: Do or do not. There is no try.
I know that is not the spirit of the wishing prompt, but that’s the response it elicits in me. The good thing about prompts is that you don’t have to follow them. You can choose to use them or not, and today, I choose to not.
Instead, I wish for the following things:
- Health and healing for a very good friend. I know that she is surrounded by love and support, but I want her to whole and free of the worry, stress, and pain associated with her on-going fight against cancer. My most fervent wish for her is that this next step is the one that gives her peace and the beginning of a journey to healing.
- Rest. My new schedule is working well for me, but as always, I don’t sleep enough. My ideal schedule would be to work from like 1-9, giving me the freedom to be up until about 1 in the morning, but that would leave me no time for my family. So for the time being, I’m just wishing for more rest.
- Sunshine. I swear it’s been a month since the sun has shone in south Mississippi. Perhaps I exaggerate a little bit and maybe it’s only really been a week, but I miss the sunshine. The grey and drizzly sky is killing me. I’ve talked in the past about how I think I tend to suffer from SAD, and a week of fog and chill does me no good.
- Visits with old friends. It’s hard to believe that it’s been almost a year since our wedding brought most of us together. I’d love to spend an afternoon with my girlfriends getting caught up.
- Preparedness. I’d love to be caught up and ahead of the game. At home, at work, in my personal life.
- Vacation. I gave my husband a guide to the United States. I’d really, really love to begin checking some of the places off the list.
- Readiness. Which means at least a 5 on the bloodwork I have to have drawn on February 4.
What are you wishing for this week? What hopes are you harboring in your heart?