It’s October! This year is totally and completely flying by. I cannot believe that there are only three months left in the year. I’m not sure where the time has gone, but the realization that 2014 is three-fourths of the way done is almost panic-inducing. It feels like there are so many more things that I should have accomplished by now, although I can’t quite think back to the goals that I had set for myself at the beginning of the year.
I do know, though, that some things definitely need to change. If I didn’t feel that deep within my soul, my horoscopes for the last week or so have certainly been letting me know that.
Ouch! I mean really…ouch! The thing has been telling me that opportunity is coming, and that I need to be prepared to take advantage of it before the weekend of the 4th hits, which is when Mercury – my ruling planet – goes into retrograde. Now I don’t know how much stock I put into things like my horoscope. I check it for fun. If there’s something bad, I find it is usually a truism, but I’ve yet to have all of the wonderful things that it portends come true in my life. I don’t ever get my hopes up. It is interesting to me, though, that at the moment when I am feeling particularly frustrated by the path that I am on, I’m getting signs all over the place that it is time to make some changes. I know this. I’m working towards it. I’m just not sure what to do in the meantime.
Which brings up another interesting bit of coincidence. The other day (meaning yesterday), the Write ALM prompt was “Surrender,” which had me musing in my morning pages about whether the problem is that I’m trying too hard to direct what needs to happen (or what I want to happen) or whether it’s that I just don’t know exactly what I want to do – chasing the wrong things. Maybe if I quit trying so hard – maybe if I just trust the process and let what is going to happen happen – roll with it and accept it rather than trying to force it.
And then a friend posted this on Facebook:
…and now I find that I am more confused than ever. Because on one hand, the idea of floating seems to be pretty damn appealing. And it feels like it goes along with what Satya Robyn posted here about getting out of the way and letting the Universe tell me what form the future is going to take. On the other hand, though, when I’m floating in the pool or elsewhere, I don’t really get anywhere…especially anywhere that I want to go.
So. I suppose I continue to do what I do, go where I go – feeling my way. Eventually the worm has to turn, doesn’t it? Doesn’t it?
Anyway. All of that to say, October Intentions.
There are so many of them that I broke them into categories, perhaps for the first time ever. (It takes me a bit to catch on. I never claimed to be the smartest student in the class, but eventually I do get it)
For the Blog:
- Solve the Facebook image posting thing. I’ve got a few people I need to email back about it (rough week – I haven’t had time to do much other than work)
- Create a custom logo/header
- Get caught up on my Clever Cookie homework – particularly the stuff as it relates to SEO and engaging readers
- Investigate new themes
- Complete the two challenges I’ve taken on this month in addition to my regular posting schedule
- Work on the A Beautiful Mess Blog Design Love 2.0 course
For the Home:
- Complete my Front Porch projects
- Sew the linings for the drapes for the bedroom
- Frame the prints for the bedroom
- Begin working on DIY Christmas pressies including limoncello, PJ pants, herbal heat packs)
- Edit the contents of the kitchen
For the Work:
- Update my resume
- Ready applications for schools on the Coast for mid-year positions
- Do my work at school during the week to leave my weekends free
- Stay on top of my grading
For the Self:
- Meditate on a daily basis – preferably in the morning
- Walk 30 minutes each day
- Take medicines, herbs, and vitamins as directed
- Lose 10 pounds
- Read 2 books
- Participate in 1 Mississippi Gulf Coast Photography Club group shoot
- Participate in the Scott Kelby Photo walk
- Take 500 photos
It is an incredible lot to take on this month. Somewhere in there I have to figure out how to come up with Outlander Halloween costumes for both Sweet Husband and myself as we will be attending a Halloween party and he is set on being Jamie.
What are you going to working on in the month of October? How are you going to be setting yourself up for success? And how can I hep support you?