Each week, I read a wide variety of blog posts and articles across the internet. I wander here and wander there and before I know it I’ve spent an eternity avoiding all the work that I should have been doing by reading other people’s writing. I share my favorites here with you each week in the Weekly Wanderings link round-up. Enjoy!
- December Journal Prompts – Life Captured, Inc. I love journal prompts, and Life Captured has some of the best.
- When an Abuser is at the Holiday Table – Navja Sol for A Practical Wedding. There is a trigger warning for this piece. It’s an important piece, though. We have a bit of a fucked up notion of how to handle sexual abuse in this world. We say things like, “If it were my daughter, I’d kill the bastard” and then the bastard still walks free. We don’t believe the victims; we side with the abusers. And meanwhile the victims continue to believe that there is something terribly, inherently wrong with them. All of it is bullshit.
- New Year’s Revolution – Do What You Love. Looking for a different way to approach planning for the new year? Do this.
- Christmas Photography Tips – I Heart Faces. This is a great collection of posts about how to capture your holidays.
- You, Girlfriend, You. The Things Women Friends Do – Danielle LaPorte. I’m fortunate that I have some really great female friends. I’ll be getting together with a few of them in a week, and I can’t wait. Love them dearly!
- December Writing Prompts – Mama’s Losin It. Another great collection of prompts to inspire your creativity
- 15 Things for When the World is Shitty and Terrifying – I Am Begging My Mother Not to Read This Blog. This was a great read with some great ideas. I really like 9, 8, 5, 3 but 15 really hits home because it is true.
- Stop Expecting Miracles from Exercising – Smaggle. There is so much truth here. I think this is why people fall for diet scam after diet scam. We want the results without the work or commitment. As we head into 2016, and SH and I endeavor to improve our health (because we have to. We just have to), I need to remember this.
- How to Get the Most Out of Membership in Facebook Photography Groups – Julie Christie for Digital Photography School. I don’t know about you, but I’m a member of a couple of Facebook photography groups. I joined hoping to grow as a photographer, but that’s hard to do when you are just waiting for the improvement to come to you. I like tips 3, 4, 5.
- Days of the Month & Blog Post Prompts – To & Fro. I love that this gives you what “Day” it is! I won’t miss National Egg Nog Day now! Sweet!
Short list this week – but not because I’m out of things to read…simply because this week has been hectic.
As always, though, I’d love to see what you’re scribbling!
Posts You May Have Missed