Each week, I read a wide variety of blog posts and articles across the internet. I wander here and wander there and before I know it I’ve spent an eternity avoiding all the work that I should have been doing by reading other people’s writing. I share my favorites here with you each week in the Weekly Wanderings link round-up. Enjoy!
- Thanksgiving Reader – Seth Godin. What a fantastic idea! We are a smaller tribe that gathers together, but I love the idea of this reader.
- Quest 2016 – Tracking Wonder. Are you looking to create a plan for your 2016? Sign up for 2016 with Jeffery Davis & a host of other incredible visionaries.
- What Being Adopted is Really Like – Erin McKelle. Sweet Husband & I cannot have children. We are weighing options & adoption is a thought for us. This piece is a very interesting read & gives me much to think about.
- One Letter can Change Your Life or Someone Else’s – Alexandra Franzen. I don’t write nearly as many letters & notes as I used to. Franzen offers a great little free ebook to help you get into your letter writing groove.
- 31 Days of Gifts You So Deserve 2015 – Be More With Less. A beautiful course from Courtney that comes with a pay-what-you-want price tag.
- You Can Always Just Listen – Judy Clement Wall. There is a lot going on in the world right now – a lot of meanness & a lot of hate. I’m working on listening more because I can certainly be more than a little judgemental.
Here’s a thought experiment for you. Remember the last time you felt judged. Really remember it, how uncomfortable (or sad, or angry, or frustrated) it made you. Now imagine if the person passing judgement had just listened.
- How to Enjoy Work (even when you’re busy + kinda overwhelmed) – Sarah Von Bargen. I really like 1, 3 (I need some suggestions please!), & 4.
- What You Are Doing Matters – Jennifer Louden. I believe whole-heartedly that in the chaos of our world, with the exploding in division and fear, that love is our only choice. We will play with fear & hatred – perhaps for a long time – but in the end it is always the force of love that creates lasting change & peace.
- 5 Powerful Ways to Transform Anger Into Joy – Good Life Zen. This sounds like a message many of us need to hear in this day and age. I’m kinda in love with the idea of an Emergency Happiness Handbook. Perhaps over Christmas break I will put one together.
- How to Start Living a Fear-Free Life – Do What You Love. For me, realizing that I always have a choice – even if it isn’t a good choice – is hugely powerful.
- 29 Ways to Make the Holidays Magical (not commercial) – A Practical Wedding. There are some really good ideas in here. I like the idea of celebrating St. Nick’s Day but there is no way SH is going to give up his stocking on Christmas Day.
- Why Sometimes It’s Ok to Let the To-Do List Sit Undone – The Humbled Homemaker. This is important for me to remember. I’m often a slave to my to-do list…& to my blog. It’s one of those things. I’m not always proud of it. I’m lucky that I have people who support me while I’m pursuing the dream.
That’s what I’ve been reading lately. You? Have a great Thanksgiving if you are here in the States!!