Each week, I read a wide variety of blog posts and articles across the internet. I wander here and wander there and before I know it I’ve spent an eternity avoiding all the work that I should have been doing by reading other people’s writing. I share my favorites here with you each week in the Weekly Wanderings link round-up. Enjoy!
- 5 Days in Dublin – Vivienne McMaster. Gorgeous photos from a stay in Dublin. I am insanely and intensely jealous and want to make my way there. Now.
- 20 Ways to Declutter for the Holidays – Be More With Less. I think we were pretty ruthless when we moved in June – got rid of all kinds of things…load after load to the Goodwill, a huge pile of trash in front of the house…but now that we’ve been in the house for 5 months and there are still boxes that are unopened, perhaps it is time to get ruthless again. I particularly like suggestions 1, 5, 6, 8 & 12.
- How to Stop Wasting Time and Energy with Worry – Firework People. I worry all the time. All the time. I’m always looking for more ways to work through that worry, to arrest it, to deal with it.
- Your Life is Worth More than Resentment – Your Courageous Life. As a person who struggles with holding on to things, replaying situations years later and feeling the embarrassment and fear – this is an important message.
Your life is worth more than waking up, feeling tension when you have to do that thing or see that person or deal with that issue.
- Purification. Pain. Passion. And Marrying Your Soul. Or…How to Tap Your Deep Creativity – Danielle LaPorte. The big take-away here? Do the fucking work. And I need to do the fucking work. I have grand plans and dreams and goals but in the end…it just comes down to doing the work.
- Taking Time Out – Do What You Love For Life. There is a reason why I get up most mornings and write. And why I am up way too late. That is the time I take for myself. The time I use to get myself back together and ready to face whatever is going on in the world. I particularly like the “figure out where you waste time” recommendation. I’ve been thinking about that a lot lately. And I know that I waste a lot of time.
- 20 Hard Things You Need to Do to Be Happy – Marc & Angel Hack Life. I need to work on 5, 6, & 7 in particular.
- Finding Your Edge – Kayla Hollotz. I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately as I begin to think about how I’m going to take the blog in a slightly different direction in the new year. I am pretty sure that I know what my edge is; I’m just afraid of the rebrand and all of that work.
- Hard Work & Patience – Gary Vaynerchuk. Good perspective on what it takes.
- I Never Thought it Would End This Way – Karrick Dyer. Great perspective on kids and athletics and how it’s going to end for most of the kids who are working intensely at all of those sports programs.
- Saying Yes to Yourself – Leap & Twirl. I really like the idea of creating a “no” list – the things that I won’t do, the things that are already going to be off the table.
- Storytellers Are Going to Save the World – Sarah’s Heart Writes. I’ve been thinking a lot about story lately…I’ve been triggered by all the of the crap that is happening in American public education, and I think that someone has to tell the story of all these students…who aren’t on any one’s radar, who’s parents tell them that they can’t wait for them to turn 18 so they can get out of their house, ,who make the choice between going to work and supporting the family and going to school and getting their education…it will break you. And I think that people like Campbell Brown need to hear those stories…& I know that I have a story to tell.
These last few links are about creating a Full Moon Ritual…we have a full moon coming on Tuesday, and for the last couple of years, I’ve made it a point to pause and consider what I want out of the next month. I’ve found it to be a powerful practice in my life.
- Using the Moon to Manifest – Empowering Astrology. More about the new moon ritual, but they are really similar & connected events.
- How to Amplify Your Full Moon Intentions – Energy Muse. I am picturing adding a salt bath to my ritual.
- Full Moon Releasing Rituals – Little Sage. This is closest to what I do.
- Full Moon Ritual: Guided Meditation Audio – Lilly Nature’s Blessings. A Youtube video meditation to help prepare yourself to release those things that don’t serve you.
That’s what I have for you this week! What are you reading? Let me know in the comments! I hope y’all have a great week planned!