We’ve come to the end of another week and we’re getting ready to start another one, which means it’s time to think about everything that did and didn’t happen this week and how it’s going to be better…or at least different in the coming week.
Before that, though…it’s been a good weekend. We didn’t make it to the beach this weekend, and that makes me a little sad. There were a lot of wonderful other things that happened this weekend, though. Yesterday we got the plants that should just about fill out our front flowerbed. I spent about 3 hours in the blistering heat and humidity weeding that bed so that when we put those plants in the ground (or more accurately when the Sweet Husband puts those plants in the ground), we’re ready to mulch. I still probably have another hour of focused work to do there to finish weeding. It wasn’t bad while I was doing it because I was stopping every 20 minutes or so to down water or gatorade and I was wearing a Frog Togg. Today, though, I’ve sucked down so much water that I’m feeling a little floaty. I need to be smarter about when I’m working the next time I do that.
Today there was a little more gardening to be done, this time on the front porch. Some things needed to be repotted and some others needed to be split and put into different pots. The front porch is such a comfortable place to be. I enjoy spending my mornings there. I have to begin finding some plants for the back porch. It’s usually sunny back there, but there’s also some shade. Some thinking needs to be done there.
This morning we had some friends over for brunch, which killed two birds with one stone for me. It got our house clean 😉 and we had people over. I miss entertaining. When I lived in Reno, I had a Monday Night Football party every week. I haven’t done that in a decade, so it was nice to do it this morning. I’d like to do it more often. I think the next little soiree I’d to plan is a cocktail party. Some snackies and some cocktails. Little music on the front porch. Think we need a mister system for the front porch to make it a little more comfortable out there.
I took a bunch of photos, and I’m starting to feel more comfortable with my new camera in my hands. I consider that to be a great way to spend a piece of my weekend.
Last week, I said I was going to do a whole bunch of things, and I didn’t totally complete all of them. I got close on a few of them, but on a few of them, I didn’t come anywhere near it. Like reading. Or walking at night. I suppose, though, that since we’re walking during the day, it’s OK to not be walking at night? I really still need to come home and walk my doggie. And I need that time to unwind.
So for this week, here’s what I want to do:
- Begin my Ease into 5K program and make it through the first week, which means running 3 of 7 days. The other 4 days, I’d like to get in some pretty substantial walks in. We’re going to Hattiesburg Saturday to celebrate my birthday, so I don’t know if Saturday and Sunday are going to happen. We shall see.
- Log my caloric consumption each day.
- Remember to take a photo every day.
- Write those two letters that I’ve been meaning to but haven’t gotten around to doing.
- Make my way through the first part of the Desire Map. I’m entering a brand new year this week, and I think that it would be the perfect time for me to do this.
- Continue to write every morning. My notebook (I’d love one in Green!) is almost full (I think this has been a record time for filling a notebook. I started it on April 27).
I don’t have any goals for the week as it relates to work. Because as I was reminded this morning over brunch, work is for when I’m at work. I do it when I’m there, and then I leave it there. I don’t let it intrude on my life outside of work. So. That’s what I’m doing.
What about you? How was your weekend? and What are your plans for the week?
…and without any further ado, the photos from my Artist’s Walk.