It’s Wednesday, which means it’s time to wish with Jamie Ridler at Jamie Ridler Studios.
What treats do you wish for?
I think this is particularly appropriate as I’m going home tonight. While I don’t relish the hour and a half drive tonight, and I certainly won’t relish it tomorrow morning, it is definitely nice to be able to get to spend a little time with Sweet Husband during the week.
As for the treats I’d like, just a short list:
- a pecan pie. Don’t judge me. It’s getting to be the holiday season and I’ve been craving something sweet for quite some time. I love me some pecan pie. I can’t bake one to save my soul (the crust winds up in the middle of the pie), so I’m going to be off in search of one soon.
- Rest. I’m still tired. That’s OK. It’s getting better. But I could use the treat of rest, a little bit more than I have right now.
- A photography workshop. There are two that are happening in New Orleans that I would love to take, one on black and white photography and one on night photography.
- Fertility. This is a long-standing wish. It is a bit more difficult right now with all of these babies being born. As always, I think that it’s more difficult for Sweet Husband, and we don’t talk about how difficult that is for him. He would be such a good dad.
- A writing retreat. I miss getting together with my fellow writers. I was hoping that once I came home to MS and once I got back into the educational groove, I’d get reconnected to my local NWP site, but I’ve made a few overtures that have gotten nowhere. For a few years, there was a fall writing retreat. I’d really love to be a part of one of those. Perhaps I need to offer to my services for planning one of those. But then again, I don’t even know if our site is active.
What about you? What treats do you wish to receive this week? Come wish with us!