Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- I passed my test! The day after we closed on our house, I took the Praxis exam to add an endorsement to my teaching license. I missed a lot more than I expected to, and for the last three weeks I’ve been in agony about whether I scored well enough to add the endorsement. All of this is important because I believe the endorsement will allow me to get a job much closer to home.
- Time with girlfriends. For various reasons, my circle of girlfriends is pretty far-flung, but this past weekend, I got the chance to spend time with several of my friends, including one I hadn’t seen in at least five years. Such a good time!
- Work. I’m at at 2-day workshop about how to teach writing to students in grades K-2. I’m primarily there because I’m being paid (just being honest) but I’m learning some really good stuff. I had a lightbulb moment during yesterday’s sessions, and everything has just kinda fallen into place. It makes me semi-excited about the new year.
- Good deals. We need quite a bit of furniture to fill our new space, and last week during the Salvation Army’s once-a-year 50% off sale, we found some good stuff for an excellent price.
- Sweet Husband. When he’s wrong, he can admit it and come up with a solution to fix the problem. While I’m still pouting and thinking of ways he can make things up to me, he’s already moved on to getting us back on track. I’m so thankful one of us is mature and can get the ship righted.
- Connections. I’m making so many new friends right now that it isn’t even funny. I’m so very excited about where my blog is heading and the possibilities that are starting to open up. Lots of things on the horizon for us!
I’m sure that there were a ton of other things that I was grateful for in the last week but when I pause to think about it, these are the things that stick out the most.
For what are you thankful this week? What things are making your highlight reel?