Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Our parents. They were here last weekend and they came down early for the Fourth of July to help us finish getting the house ready to be open for our Fourth of July party. Both of the last weekends they have worked extremely hard to get us ready. We are so very thankful for all of their help. And even though the Sner isn’t here, and if she were she wouldn’t be able to do the kind of heavy-lifting that has had to happen, she is helpful with problem-solving and giving us some financial support.
- A successful house-warming. There were a few people that we had looked forward to seeing but didn’t make it. But there were lots of people here that we love, and I consider the new house well and truly christened. It was a day (& evening & early morning). There was lots of good food and drink and fun to be had. I can’t wait to have folks join us again. We’ve got a great space, and I can see us having some epic parties here.
- My Sweet Husband. He’s been working very hard to get our house ready to roll. He’s been tired, and it’s been really hot, which means that it is unbearable to work outside. But he’s been doing it. He’s been so very tired – as have I been – and questioning our collective intelligence for planning a party two weeks after we moved. It was all worth it.
(Poor SH – look at those circles under his eyes…& I’m so tired in this photo that I couldn’t wear my contacts in)
- The new house. Still totally loving it, even though we are facing having to rewire the entire house. *sigh* Even with that challenge and the anxiety it provokes, I still believe that we made the right choice. As it gets to be more and more ours, I fall more in love with it. (I know that y’all are waiting for pictures. They’re coming. When the pictures get up on the wall and the drapes get hung (& I make the ones for the living room) I’ll share some photos).
- Opportunity. Now that we are settling in, it is time to find a new job. That is my goal for this week – to position myself to take advantage of whatever makes its way into my sphere.
There’s much more that I’m not remembering right now, but those are the highlights. I hope you’ve had an awesome week. Tell me something good from your last few days!