Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Summer Vacation. After some confusion about what my actual last day of work was supposed to be, I was finally done last Wednesday. I have been home and trying to get myself together since then, and actually – I’ve just been resting. There is something to the idea that at the end of a school year, teachers are exhausted. It will soon be time to kick into gear and get moving again, but right now I’m enjoying the quiet and the rest.
- Photography. Because I’m off work, I’ve had the chance to actually get out and do some shooting. In the last week I’ve been to Gulf Islands National Seashore and New Orleans to shoot, and I’m back into the FMS Photo-a-Day series. This week, beach trips and another stop in New Orleans is on the itinerary. Sunday, the Sner and I will be heading north to Missouri via the Mississippi Delta and Memphis, so I’m looking forward to capturing some images there as well.
- Sweet Husband. The last two days I’ve been battling a migraine. He has been very solicitous and helpful. He’s also done a lot of work helping get the house clean before the Sner gets here. While she and I are gone, and he’s working summer school & taking classes, he will be doing a lot of the heavy lifting for getting us packed and ready to move.
- Sunshine. We’ve not had the same kinds of rain and flooding that places to the west – like Texas – have experienced, and that is a very, very good thing.
- Opportunity. While nothing has turned up yet, I know that something will. Too many things are coming together in the way that they are supposed to for there not to be the perfect opportunity for me lurking out there, just waiting until Mercury retrograde is over 😉
- Community. We have such a great community springing up around Photo Friday – so many wonderful and helpful friends. I love forward to Photo Friday every week.
For what are you thankful this week? What is making your gratitude list?
(Each Friday, this post links up with Mrs. A-OK for her Thank You Notes link-up)