Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Support. As we are entering the home-stretch of buying a house, there are so many people coalescing around us to offer us guidance and tangible support. We are incredibly blessed and lucky to have our families and friends behind us the way we are.
- Opportunity. As we are in the process of buying a house, I’m in the process of finding a job. Just like there is a ton of support for our buying a house, there are a ton of people stepping up for to help me find a job – people who are talking to people in positions to make hiring decisions, people who are sniffing out possibilities, people who are mentioning my name. I’m humbled and grateful because this very much a “who you know” game.
- Endings. Depending on who I ask, I either have 1 or 3 or 5 more days of work, and then this all comes to an end. I’m grateful for having had the opportunity, but I’m ready to move on. Endings also mean beginnings, and I’m hungry for a beginning.
- The beach. The weather this weekend was a little on the icky side, but we were able to spend a good three hours with friends, lounging in the sunshine. Of course, my summer itch has started (it’s a long story, but I’m really sensitive to the sun and will be itching intensely for the next three weeks).
- Sweet Husband. I’ve been irritable and grouchy the last couple of days and while he doesn’t understand it, he’s doing his best to roll with it. I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again – when he vowed to do his best to make me happy, he meant it.
- Our veterans. This long weekend was because we celebrated Memorial Day, which here in the US is all about remembering those who have given the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country. No one in my family has been killed in action (that I know of), but I’m grateful for those who have been willing to lay down their lives and have been called upon to do so.
Those are the things that are stand-outs for me this week. For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting as we head into the last week of May 2015?