Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- My Sweet Husband. I really am lucky to have such a wonderful, kind, giving ma at my side. Thursday of last week he left me a lovely hydrangea plant at work. Friday he took me to breakfast. Saturday he staged our Outlander marathon. Sunday he took me to the beach for the sunrise. On Opening Day, he found a television challenge that was playing the Royals game so I could watch my beloved Royals win the first game of the 2015 season. If there is a way to make me happy, he’s going to do it.
- The Easter holiday break. I cannot tell you how wonderful it has been to be off these days. Once again, I have gotten precious little done of what I intended to do, but I am caught up on a few things. Which means I have time to get done those things I didn’t this weekend.
- A good landlord. When we went to pay our rent this morning, we had a long conversation with our landlord about how we really no longer want to buy the place where we live…the problems are adding up and we have decided the costs are really beyond what we want to spend. She completely understands that and is looking for a place for us. I can’t wait to see what she turns up.
- Allergy medication. I do so love the spring in the South. I do not love seasonal allergies. I couldn’t make it through these days without the intervention of modern medicine.
- Baseball. Yesterday was Opening Day, and I’m so very glad that the Royals are back! How awesome is that? And we won the season opener? Hell yeah!
These were my highlights of gratitude this week. What about you? What are you thankful for this week?
And now – the big thank you this week! All of those folks who are supporting me by liking & commenting on my posts, who follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram – I’m grateful to all of you! When I hit 200 followers on my Facebook page, I said I was going to run a give-away. I’m finally getting around to it!
I’m giving away your choice of one of the following two 11″ x 14″ prints, professionally printed and mounted on 3/16″ foamcore. The raffle runs through next Wednesday 4/15, with the winner being announced on my Photo Friday post on 4/16.