Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Sweet Husband. He was just making me fall in love with him all over again all weekend long. He drove up Friday night. Saturday when we had the kitty at the e-vet getting the stitches removed, he paid the fee for an elderly couple and their elderly doggie because they couldn’t afford it. He helped me clean before our company arrived. Sunday he made everyone brunch & cleaned up after all of us. He let me take epic naps. He helped me dye my hair. I know. I win the husband game.
- Friends. We had a houseful this weekend! I didn’t take any photos of the weekend because I was too busy enjoying it! It was fantastic to have our friends on the Coast with us – inviting them into our home. We love that stuff; we just don’t get to do it too often.
- Friends who are car salesmen. Josie’s replacement has been procured, and I couldn’t be happier with our decision. It might have been a bit of a pain in the ass to get to this point but knowing we weren’t getting screwed on the deal made it easier.
- Good credit. The new car (who doesn’t have a name yet) is possible because we’ve made good choices in the past.
- Beautiful weather. It was gorgeous on the Coast this weekend. It rained Saturday night but we were able to lounge on the porch and enjoy the coziness that it is. I can’t wait for more of these afternoon.
- My tribe. I love all of these people who are turning into community for me. It is incredible to have people to share this journey with and who are following me, encouraging me, helping me be better.
- Family. Love their advice and love them. We are lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives.
- Opportunity. Change is coming. I can feel it.
How about you? What was number one on your gratitude list this week?