Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Rest. My body told me that I needed to rest this past weekend, so that is exactly what I did. I occasionally listen to my body. Not as often as I should, but occasionally.
- The Business Manager for my school district. She was panicked Sunday because for some reason the payment for my stay in Meridian was not sent. She arranged to meet me on my way to Meridian with the payment so I wouldn’t have to pay for the rom out of pocket and then wait to be reimbursed. (I haven’t been paid since December 19; that would have sucked major eggs)
- Sweet Husband. I wasn’t feeling good most of the weekend. He took care of me and had low expectations for the weekend. I love him for taking care of me and for being understanding. We get to spend so little time together, and I know that it is difficult to not want to do All The Things. He is wonderful, though, at adaptation. We’ve also been having some pretty intense conversations about where we want to head with our lives, and it’s really nice to know that we are on the same page (we’ve been watching International House Hunters – Buying the Beach or whatever it is, and I think we’ve got a 10-20 year plan working. (Island life, anyone? Yes please)
- Time with friends. We really enjoyed Top of the Hops. Sweet Husband has said that if I wanted to make it his Christmas present every year, he wouldn’t mind. At. All. Duly noted. That serves multiple purposes for me. Tickets go on sale in October – which means I can better budget my Christmas shopping.
- Spring Training. There are now only 23 days until Pitchers and Catcher report. I’m hopeful for the new year and my Royals making a repeat run…although I’m trying to not get too excited.
- Opportunity. I keep reminding myself that this is my year, that every move I am making is getting my home. I am ready to be home. This training, these days away from home…it all serves a purpose.
- Connection. I hooked up with a couple of blogging link-ups this past week, and had a great time meeting new people, reading new blogs. Possibility feels like it lurks around every corner, and I’m so very excited about where I can head.
- Plans. I sat down Sunday and made lists of what I need to do with my blog and what I need to do in order to get myself home. Seeing it all in black and white helps me feel like it’s all incredibly possible. I can do this.
For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting? I hope there were lots of good things on your gratitude list this week.