Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- An extra day at home. I know that’s not the point of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, but that was the very important part for me. That extra day gave me time to indulge in my MLK Day tradition and to think about where we are versus where we should be versus how far we have come.
- Sweet Husband. Monday afternoon/evening he took me out so I could get some photos for my (Almost) Wordless Wednesday & Photo Friday posts. He also took down the Christmas tree so I didn’t have to because I hate doing it. And he let me take a lovely nap on Sunday.
- Payday. I haven’t been paid since December 19; I won’t get paid until January 30. SH got paid Friday, though, and while almost all of that check went to pay bills – being able to do that was a relief.
- Lower gas prices. I’m filling up for under $30. That helps a lot with this whole commuting thing.
- Advanced plans. We’re going to be having a great weekend! I can’t wait. I’ll be attending a workshop in New Orleans Saturday during the day and then SH and I will be headed to Top of the Hops for the 4th year in a row.
- Warmer weather. There is just a little bit of a warm up, and cooler temperatures are on their way again. For a moment, though, this weekend we were wandering around in shirt-sleeves, and I was this close ( ) to wearing a dress today because I knew it would be warm enough to do it without needing tights.
For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting? Share it with us; blessings shared are blessings multiplied!