Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Sweet Husband. It feels like I’m thankful for him every week, and I am. Folks might get a little tired of it or wonder if it’s all possibly true, but it is. I’m incredibly blessed with my SH. I listen to friends talk about their marriages, I listen to the complete and total shit that they go through, and I’m reminded that I don’t deal with any of that. That I’m married to a man who makes me a priority, puts our relationship first, and works to make sure that I’m happy. He sacrifices for me because I’m what is important to him. It is humbling, and overwhelming. I’m so very grateful for him and our relationship.
- Friends. I said we had a great weekend, and we did! I’m so very thankful to get to spend time with friends. We live a pretty insulated life, and i’s hard for me to want to spend time with other folks when I know that I have so little time with SH that it is hard to give up some of that time to spend it with someone else. But. it is always beautiful when we do. I’m so glad that my friends understandHow important my marriage is and are willing to wait for me.
- Connection. I’m meeting some incredible folks online, and I’m so glad to be a part of this community. I’m reading all kinds of wonderful stuff, and I’m grateful for how wonderfully supportive all these women are.
- Growth. Along with that connection, there is growth. There are big things about to happen here in this space. I’ve been at this game for a really long time, but I’m now starting to get serious about it, and I feel like there’s no end to possibility.
- Snuggles with Cobbie Dog. I got the Cobbler dog when she was 6 weeks old. She was my dog, following me around the country, riding shot gun in the floorboard of my Honda Accord Coupe. She’s camped all over the country with me and she’s hiked hundreds of miles, patiently trusting that I was going to take care of her. And then she met SH and promptly became *his* dog. for some reason, though, Saturday morning, she didn’t want anything to do with her daddy. She wanted to snuggle in the bed with me, her nose buried in my pillow, just giving me love. I love that puppy.
Somewhat of a short list this week, but it’s all so very good.
How about you? For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting this week?