Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Sweet Husband. We had a great weekend in Dallas, and even though his team lost, he was such a good sport. He was also amazing as everyone was ribbing him and giving him hell. When I am pouty and bitchy, he is patient, understanding, and kind. He has adopted a what-my-baby-wants-my-baby-gets attitude, and I’m lucky. So very, very lucky. He takes care of me and loves me. I’m not sure what I did to deserve him, but I sure do love him.
- A safe trip. We traveled from Hattiesburg to Dallas and back this weekend, and there were no problems. It threatened rain for awhile, but we had beautiful weather the entire time we were gone. SH’s First Wife (what he affectionately calls his truck) was not temperamental and we had a great ride. Everyone we came across in Dallas was wonderful. Couldn’t have asked for a better trip – except for a closer game. It would have been nice to have the Saints really show up for the game.
- Granny. SH’s Granny is wonderful woman. My Mitchell and Ness throw-back George Brett jersey somehow get some terrible stains on it, and she took care of getting it cleaned up so I could wear it in time for the Royals’ Wild Card play-off game.
- The Royals. As I type, I am watching the American League Wild Card play-off game. I’m so nervous I can barely stand it, and I’m so excited I can barely contain myself. This is the first time we’ve played post-season ball since 1985. I was nine (9!!!!!) the last time this happened. The consensus is that if we can make it through this game, there’s a good chance we go all the way. Let’s go all the way Boys. Let’s go all the way.
- Ashley at the LaQuinta in Euless, TX. We forgot my memory foam pillow. She grabbed it for us and is holding it until I get a pre-paid box sent off to her so it can be sent back. She was great the entire time we were there.
- My colleagues. Because we were coming back from Dallas yesterday, I wasn’t wasn’t at work. My scheduled sub didn’t show up. We were short staff anyway and some of the other teachers were out. The regulars just went ahead and picked up, like we always do. It’s nice to be able to count on people to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done.
For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting? Let me know in the comments! Share the love so it can be multiplied!