Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Progress. It feels like some things are starting to come together and there might be small cracks in the chinks of how we get to where we want to be.
- Mississippi State Football. The beat LSU on Saturday, and that was perhaps the best birthday present my Sweet Husband could ever ask to receive.
- Sweet Husband. He had a good birthday and a good weekend. He was exceptionally sweet to me…even if he was a bit demanding because it was his birthday.
- Like-minded folks. I really enjoy getting to be around folks who are interested in doing the same kinds of things that I am, so it was lovely to be out with the Mississippi Gulf Coast Photography Club this weekend. There’s always chit-chat and a few tips, but really it’s more about the energy that you get from being with your “tribe.” Makes me really, really miss the Writing Project and its continuity.
- Road Trips. On Saturday, SH and I will leave for Dallas for a quick trip to watch the Dallas Cowboys beat the New Orleans Saints Sunday night. At least that’s the way I hope it plays out. I know that SH has a different desired outcome. It’s an expensive trip right at the moment, and we could really use to put that money elsewhere. But I’m glad we’re going. A brief getaway will do us good.
- Outlander. I have loved those books for two decades. And now it’s on my television screen. I love, love, love it. (this week’s episode was outstanding)
- Cooler temperatures. It’s coming. At least for a week or so. You can feel fall in the air, and it’s about time to start thinking about a bonfire. We didn’t have any last year, but I’m dying for one on the beach. Even if it is just SH and me.
- A job. I keep reminding myself that I am grateful to have a job that supports us. I’d like for it to be closer to home, but I’m grateful and appreciative of what I have and it’s relative lack of stress. I was reminded this afternoon that I have it good, and I shouldn’t take that for granted.
Those are the things that are making my list this week. What blessings are you counting? Share the gratitude and love!