Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- My Sweet Husband’s incredible heart. I’m not sure that I know a finer man. Truly. I get a little teary some times thinking about what I did to deserve someone so good because I know that I am catty and snaggly and grouchy but he is something else entirely. If you need something, SH is the person you want in your corner because that big heart of his will give you everything it has, freely and without reservation.
- A vehicle that not only runs but runs well. It has some issues (like the headliner that I’d really love to be glued back into place), but it gets me from point A to point B, and I don’t worry about it. I worry about lots of things, but my 22-almost 23-year old Jeep isn’t one of them.
- Support. These times aren’t the easiest for me. My soul is in a lot of turmoil trying to decide what comes next and it feels like in addition to my family, I’ve got this whole tribe of people who are pulling for me and believing in whatever it is that I can think of to make my life fuller and richer. I am grateful for that gift.
- August Moon. Even though the prompts are hard and the work isn’t easy, it’s what I need at this point in my life, and I’m grateful to Kat McNally for putting together this.
- Opportunity. As I’m making my way, feeling my way, trying to figure out what it is that I am supposed to be doing with the rest of this time that I have to be a productive member of society, it feels like the Universe is pointing me in the way that I’m supposed to go by providing me with the opportunities that will take me where I need to go.
- Completed projects. It feels good to cross something off the list.
- Routine. I am a creature of habit, and I find great comfort in the regularity of my routine.
- Cooler temperatures. I know that starting this afternoon it’s going to get hotter, which will make tomorrow’s efforts for C25K ridiculous, but for right now, I’m enjoying the fact that there was a nip in the air this morning.
- A quiet day at work. It is perhaps because we suspended a huge quantity yesterday but today is calm and quiet, and I’m just fine with that.
For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting? Let me know in the comments!