Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Sweet Husband. He is so patient and so kind. The weekend wasn’t great for a lot of reasons, but as he always does, he stepped up to the plate. He shows me again and again what love is and how it behaves. I’m so very lucky to be married to him.
- The job. I have a job. One that pays me well. It’s not the job that I want, but it is a job that provides for us. It gives us the life we want to have, and I’m accepting the gift that is this job. I’m not excited to get up and drive 2 hours to a PD tomorrow, but that’s OK. I need to get back in practice.
- Connection. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about where I want to go, and I’m finding lots of like-minded people out there in the world. I would have never thought.
- Support. As I’m working on getting to where I want to be, there are several people who are offering their support and expertise. For free. I’m working on asking for and accepting help when I need it rather than trying to soldier on cluelessly in the meantime. I’m grateful.
- Cooler temperatures. It’s July, which is when we’re supposed to have the terrible temperatures, and while it can be sweltering, it’s also a pretty pleasant atmosphere out there right now. We were in New Orleans last Thursday and Friday, which I usually won’t do because it just so nasty there in the summer time. I love this respite, and I’m trying to remind myself that August is coming.
- Serendipity. I’ve been searching for something for almost a year, and I finally found it. That means that my front porch will shortly be almost finished, and I cannot wait. It’s one of my very places to be, and it will soon be even better.
For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting? Let me know in the comments!