Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Sweet Husband. He’s my biggest supporter and cheerleader. I don’t know what I would do without him because it doesn’t matter what I do or how awful I am, he still loves me and supports me. I know where I need to be better, and I’m working on it. But when I falter, he still loves me.
- Time. I love this summer and all the time it has afforded me. I don’t know that I have put it to the best use, but I’ve really enjoyed having the benefit of an open day and deciding what to do with it.
- Adventure. Tomorrow I head out with my fabulous mother-in-law for a few days of fun with her childhood best friend…with SH’s blessing.
- Cooler temperatures. It’s been hot. I’ve been out painting furniture in the front yard & within minutes I’m dripping sweat. But today the rain came in & cooled things off so even though it interrupted my plans for finishing the end tables, I’m grateful for the respite.
- A few more days. My PD on the 21st & 22nd has been cancelled so I’m fine with staying home & enjoying summer for another week.
- People who believe in me. I’ve been beating myself up about where I find myself and what my options are but there are a whole lot of people out there who support me & believe in me. Having conversations with them reminds me of the foundations I have laid.
- Opportunity. There are options available. I’m working in finding the on that is perfect for me.
- Plenty. The bills are paid & we have everything we want plus more. I cannot complain about the place where my life rests.
For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting? Let me know in the comments!