Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Friends. We hosted the Fourth of July down here at Gumbo Acre South, and by all accounts, despite some tension, everyone had a great time. We can’t wait to do it again. Perhaps a Labor Day bash? Or maybe a birthday party for Sweet Husband? Something because we had a good time.
- Sweet Husband. While I get a bit aggravated some times, he puts up with me being very aggravating most of the time. You know those Facebooks quizzes? I took the one about bitchiness, and it said that I was only 28% bitchy. He and I both know that’s not true, but he’s a trooper and does the best he can to figure out what’s bothering me when I won’t tell him, and then does his best to fix whatever the problem is.
- Family. I have a good one, despite the crazy ones among us.
- Opportunity. I now I’ve been saying this, but there are more applications out and I’m grateful for the chance to make a change.
- A slight breeze. I was able to get out and get a few plants in the ground this evening and actually do some wedding. I keep saying that we are almost done with that bed, but I have no idea when we are actually going to be done with that bed.
- A clean house.
- Enough. It’s time to pay the bills again this month, and there is more than enough to make it happen. I have everything I need and then some. There is nothing to complain about.
- Connection. I’m making some new friends.
- Progress. The bedroom is coming along. I have a mirror. I need to paint the frame tomorrow, and I need to start painting the end tables. I got things cleaned up today, but it looked like rain. I didn’t feel too good. (My head works like a barometer most days)
What about you? For what are you thankful this week? In what ways are you counting your blessings? Let me know in the comments!