Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Family. I’ve gotten to spend time with the major members of the family this week – both mine and Sweet Husband’s. It’s been a difficult visit with the GrandSner, but it’s also been good. The Sner and I have had a chance to see a few other members of the family as well, and it’s been a blessing.
- The GrandSner. She’s still here. She may not always remember who I am or what we’re doing, but she’s still here, and I’m grateful.
- The Sner. I get to see her twice a year. I am thankful that she gets to spend such a long time with me when she visits. I know that for some folks, two weeks would be two weeks too long, but because she is so far away, two weeks doesn’t seem like it’s near long enough.
- Sweet Husband. I know he wanted to come with us – he wanted to be able to get away for a little while, and I know that he wanted to be here with me to help me through these difficult moments. But he’s being the responsible member of this relationship and caring for our puppies and working his summer school job. I’m grateful he gives me the opportunity to spend time with my family.
- Josie. I love that I have an inexpensive vehicle that gets us where we need to go reliably with little to no worries.
- Hot tubs. it’s been a stressful couple of days, but a few minutes in the hot tub and I’m as limp as an over-cooked noodle.
For what are you grateful this week? What blessings are you counting this week? Let me know in the comments!