Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to pause and give thanks for all of the many blessings in my life. There are so very many of them, and I am so incredibly fortunate that it is difficult to narrow it down. I do make the attempt, though.
This week, I’m thankful for the following:
- A vehicle that runs. We took Josie in this weekend for an oil change and she needed another service done as well. This morning I noticed a terrible sound coming out of her and I felt a bit panicked. But after capturing the noise on video (I know right?) and conversations via text with both Sweet Husband and the Sner, I decided to take her in. Turns out that Josie needed a water pump. $341 later, and she’s just fine. I’m thankful that it was something that was caught before major damage was done to the vehicle and that it happened when I was in a populated area. I do too much driving in the early hours and in sparsely populated areas to risk a major blow-up. Still cheaper than a car payment, so I consider the $500 we’ve spent (the oil change and the other service) in the last 3 days to be worth it.
- Riding out the storms unharmed. While there is still another round of storms to go, so far we’ve been fortunate and have remained safe. Others have not been so blessed, so I am grateful.
- Opportunity. When I open my heart and mind, I find them around me. I just have to remember to remain open to whatever it is because the goal is to get me home.
- Sweet Husband. Even when I’m a snaggle tooth, he still loves me and is patient. Even when I am annoyed with him and frustrated, he’s incredibly lovable and sweet. I’m a lucky girl.
- My colleagues. For those of us on the hall, we work really well together and can count on each other when things get rough – and they’ve been rough the last few weeks. I anticipate for the next two weeks it will continue to be rough and then we’ll be coasting on easy street.
- And speaking of that…the end is in sight. There are now 18.5 school days left and 8 more early morning drives. I’ve brought my stuff so I can begin taking my classroom home with me.
- Home. I got to spend some time this weekend turning the outside of it into the place that I love and never want to leave. I can’t wait to be there full-time.
For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting? Let me know in the comments!