Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to pause and give thanks for all of the many blessings in my life. There are so very many of them, and I am so incredibly fortunate that it is difficult to narrow it down. I do make the attempt, though.
This week, I’m thankful for the following:
- Sweet Husband. He really is the best. We had a great weekend in New Orleans for our anniversary, and he went above and beyond what I was expecting in terms of a gift. When you add all of that on top of that fact that he puts up with me and my mercurial nature, I’m extremely blessed to have him as my husband. While there are times when I’m frustrated, the good times by far outweigh the moments of angst. As Sweet Husband said this weekend, “We’ve had almost 730 good days – well, maybe let’s make that 705.” I’ll take 705 good days in two years. Did I mention that he moved all of the furniture into our bedroom and cleaned out the spare room? He rocks.
- A weekend in New Orleans. I know what an incredible luxury it is to be able to afford to stay in a wonderful hotel, board the doggies, enjoy lovely dinners and drinks, and explore a city. I know that not everyone can do that, and I’m thankful we had the opportunity to be away together this weekend. It was a lovely, lovely time.
- Beautiful weather. Our weekend was blessed with some gorgeous weather. I forgot to pack my sunscreen and my shoulders suffered during our tour of the Garden District. Sweet Husband bought me a hat to wear that covered my face, so that was good. But it was a *beautiful* weekend to be in New Orleans.
- Possibility. My interview last week went well. I’m waiting to hear about the next steps. I want the wheels to turn faster than they are, and I’m all kinds of nervous and frightened at the moment. I’m sure that soon it will be all better. But I want this. I really, really want this. Like I told SH this weekend, I don’t know why the Universe would put such a perfect opportunity in my path and then not let it be mine.
- The light at the end of the tunnel. If my calculations are right, there are 9 early morning drives and 26 work days before the end of the school year.
- Sweet puppies. We picked them up yesterday from the vet, and they were such good babies last night. I missed them. I wish they could go with us everywhere, but unfortunately, the Big Guy isn’t such a social man. He’s a little on the aggressive side.
- Moving on. I’m tired of letting a particular situation hurt me, and today I decide to just let it go. I’ve made my choice; my decision stands. I’ve explained, I’ve said my peace and my piece. And now the chips begin to fall because I’m done defending, done rationalizing, done explaining. I’m moving on.
For what are you grateful this week? What blessings are you counting?