Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to pause and give thanks for all of the many blessings in my life. There are so very many of them, and I am so incredibly fortunate that it is difficult to narrow it down. I do make the attempt, though.
This week, I’m thankful for the following:
- Opportunity. My career has been occupying a large amount of my brain cells lately. I need to be home. With my Sweet Husband. But that’s a difficult proposition. On Wednesday at 4:00, I have a phone interview. It could be the answer to Sweet Husband’s prayers and a relief of my great worry.
- Safety. Storms are raging across the South, and this far, me and mine have remained safe.
- Emergency Vets. Our boys tied up yesterday, and while it was a frightening moment, everyone is going to be ok.
- Time with Friends. Friday night we had dinner with friends. Saturday afternoon we were at Sweet Husband’s godson’s 3rd birthday party. Saturday night we enjoyed some Mississippi Gulf Coast Pirates football and hung out at the EndZone afterwards. Sweet Husband got to spend some good time with his best friend on Monday. I enjoy building and sustaining those relationships together.
- Vacation. It’s all that’s getting me through right now.
- Sweet Husband. As our 2nd anniversary draws ever nearer, I’m excited to see where we head next. Five years ago I would have never guessed this is where I’d be…but here is pretty perfect because of him.
- Cadbury mini eggs, classic jelly beans, chocolate-covered marshmallow eggs. The stuff of the heavens.
- Back-button focusing on my camera. Yes! This makes things much, much, much better. & I figured it out! Yay me!
Those are my blessings this week. What are yours? Let me know in the comments!