Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to pause and give thanks for all of the many blessings in my life. There are so very many of them, and I am so incredibly fortunate that it is difficult to narrow it down. I do make the attempt, though.
This week, I’m thankful for the following:
- An extra, unexpected night at home with Sweet Husband.
- A supportive team at work because the last two days have been really, really hard.
- The opportunity to learn more about how to get the best from my camera with two incredible photographers who are more than willing to help those who are learning. They could easily keep their knowledge to themselves; they share it quite readily (thanks Sweet Husband for one of the best Valentine’s gifts ever).
- Spring. While my allergies are killing me, I love that the world is green and in bloom. I’m sure I won’t appreciate all the pine pollen that is about to hit my vehicle, but it’s a price I’m willing to pay.
- A vehicle that goes up and down the road when I want it to. Josie may be 22 years old now, but she is still incredibly reliable…even though it scared the hell out of me driving over the Twin Span coming out of New Orleans with bad winds (Josie is an older SUV with the higher center of gravity and the wind was blowing us all over the road).
- A week off. I needed it. I don’t think I could make it through these past two days if I didn’t have that buffer of rest and relaxation.
- Sweet Husband. When I was home last night, he mentioned to me that I didn’t need to worry – he was going to get the house cleaned up for me. One of the things that I love about him is that when I tell him something bothers me, generally, he doesn’t allow it to keep bothering me – he fixes the problem and it’s not a problem again. That’s a wonderful gift.
- The light at the end of the tunnel. It’s coming. Before we know it, this school year will be done. 9 more school weeks. There’s a brief break coming up at Easter, and that will be enough to get me through until the end. In there, we’ll also be spending some time with friends and we have our anniversary trip. Plenty of little moments planned to make the whole thing bearable.
For what are you grateful this week? In what ways are you counting your blessings?