Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to express thanks for all of the wonderfully amazing things in my life.
This week, I’m thankful for the following:
- Sweet Husband. This past week combined with the fact that it’s Valentine’s week reminds me that he is an extraordinary man. I think even though I’m thankful for him all the time, it’s easy to take him for granted. I know how much he means to me and all the reasons why he means so much to me, but I’m not sure that I do the best job of letting him know what is so very special about him and how much I value him.
- Granny, who turns the heat on so it’s warm for me when I get out of bed and puts my shoes (Tom’s knock-offs) in the dryer so they’re warm when I leave.
- Routine. I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I did not. But I got up and wrote my morning pages and it felt right and good.
- The Sner. I’ve got wonderful fabric on the way, and I’m sure that when I get ready to start sewing it, she’ll be more than happy to talk me through how the whole thing is going to work.
- Water. When I forget to drink it, bad things happen to me. When I’m fully hydrated, I’m in a very good place.
- A Supportive Boss. I was at a PD all day today, and I’ll be at one all day tomorrow. I think there’s more at work than I know. That’s all I’m going to say right now, but it’s refreshing change.
- Sunshine. It was brief this weekend, but it was here. As we are enduring the end of day 2 of dreary rain and cold temperatures, this weekend’s beauty was a reminder that soon – very soon, we’ll be enjoying one of the great joys of living in the South.
- Doggies (and the kitty too). I got to spend quite a bit of time snuggled up with my babies this past weekend. There’s nothing quite like a doggie snout tucked into your elbow when you’re not feeling well.
For what are you grateful this week? In what ways are you counting your blessings?