Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to remind myself of all the incredibly wonderful things in my life. No matter how difficult things get at times, there are many things for which I am thankful.
This week, just a few of the things on the list:
- Sweet Husband. This weekend was one that we needed. Connection, fun, rest, relaxation. He is such a very good man. I’m reminded that he is such an amazing man. He works hard, loves hard, plays hard. He forgives and lets people back in. His heart is huge and he will go to the ends of the earth for those that he loves. I’m lucky that he loves me to distraction. I don’t know what I did to deserve it, but I’m grateful.
- Community. It’s been hectic this last week, but I’ve really enjoyed being a part of these different blogging communities and getting to know people.
- Family. We had a great time with my in-laws Saturday night. It’s always good to spend time with them.
- My sweet puppies. I got to snuggle with my Cobbie doggie this weekend. She generally prefers Sweet Husband (he’s the pet whisperer), but this weekend, she wanted to stick close to me. Her chin is getting whiter and in January, she’ll be 7. My baby is getting older. I take comfort in knowing that she’s got quite a few more years to go, though. If Jackson Buddy Dog Swadley is 13, Cobbie has many more years to anxiously pace the house. She was supposed to start wearing the cone of shame today. Poor baby has to quite licking herself.
- Heat. It’s *freezing* here in the deep south. Well. I suppose that freezing is relative. But it’s cold and I’m glad that Granny gets up a little bit before I do and turns the heat on for me so I’m not freezing to death. as I make my coffee and get ready for the day.
- Friends. I mentioned to my friend Robin that I’d love it if her husband could make me a small spoon/spatula for my coconut oil and the next thing I know, he’s out in his workshop, getting it done.
- Holiday lights. This is part of why I love this time of the year. I think I might take myself out to the Lewis Lights Thursday night and snap a few pictures. Just because I love the lights so much.
For what are you thankful this week? In what ways are you counting your blessings?