Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to take stock of all the things in my life that are wonderful.
This week I am thankful for:
- Friends who check on me when I am struggling. I am not well. It’s been awhile since I’ve had an episode that has had me so off-kilter. I have so many people who care and worry about me.
- Sweet Husband. Always. He doesn’t bat an eye and feigns interest when I rattle through the minutia of my shopping excursions or rant about my students, when I know his are 10x worse.
- My wonderful in-laws. I’m not the easiest person to get along with. They take me in stride and love me anyway.
- Friends (again). We got to spend time with friends this weekend, and it was a great time. Out with Julie and Tony Friday night, all the peeps (and the babies!) here for the Saints game on Sunday. It was good to be with all of them again, reminding us of all we miss by being just an hour and a half down the road.
- Rest. I slept most of the day yesterday. I’ve slept a good bit this afternoon. I’m getting ready to head to bed again here in just a few minutes. I’m looking forward to lots of rest next week during the Thanksgiving holidays.
- Reverb 13. I’m so glad that Kat McNally is doing this again this year! I’m excited to be a part of it again this year. I met a lot of wonderful people through Reverb last year.
- Kickin’ It Old Skool Blog-a-thon. I love just about everything Jamie Ridler does, so of course I signed right up to do this next month. I’m getting a little worried that I’m getting myself over-committed during the holiday season, but that’s OK. I’ll handle it when I get there. I’m thankful that people are willing to put such things together for others.
What are you thankful for this week? What blessings are you counting?