Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude, I take Tuesdays to count my blessings and give thanks.
This week I am thankful for the following:
- Opportunity. I am again hopeful. While there is always the possibility that things will fall apart again, after I’d long given up the hope of ever being in the classroom teaching again, it appears there might be a chance for me to get out there and be a part of what I think in the end I was probably meant to do and be.
- Family. I haven’t been the easiest to get along with in the last couple of weeks. I’ve been grouchy and moody and depressive. But they keep reminding me that it’s going to be OK, that no one is going to let me fall.
- Plenty. As I was paying bills this morning, I was reminded that despite the struggles and the difficulties of the last month, we still have plenty to pay our bills. And even if these opportunities don’t pan out, we’re still going to be fine. And as I was cleaning my living room and office this afternoon, putting things in the trash or out on the road for others to pick up, I remembered that we have so much. More than enough. We are blessed, and I am grateful.
- Support. The last couple of days I’ve reached out to old friends for help, and they’ve rallied around me and given me everything I need and more. I am thankful and grateful beyond measure.
- Babies. We still aren’t blessed, but we got to spend time with one of the newest members of the crew. So very sweet and so very precious. There are more on the way, and even though it’s not in the cards for us yet, I’m still so thankful for all these incredible small people in our lives.
How about you? For what are you thankful this week What wonderful things are happening in your life?