Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause once a week and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to take Tuesdays and make them my highlight reel.
This week the following are making the list:
- Time with the Sner. She got in on the 18th, and she will leave on the 31st. Twice a year I get to see her for about 2 weeks at a time. It is never enough, but I’m grateful for the time I get to see her.
- Time with the GrandSner. We think that she doesn’t really have any idea who we are when we visit, and she is tired and sleepy when we are there. But she is as she has ever been. We had a few good moments, an hour or so, when she was engaged and interested…a flash of herself that has been long-lost. And it was a lovely moment with her.
- Decent weather. Although it rained mightily for several days, here on the Gulf Coast we have been blessed with no terrible weather here like there was in north Mississippi, in Arkansas, in Tennessee or the flooding that is currently happening in southwest Missouri and in places across the midwest.
- A good Christmas. As always, we are more than ridiculously blessed. Our holidays are an embarrassment of riches that are made more so by the stacks of gifts under the tree. Not only are we surrounded by people who love us, but we have incredibly generous friends and family. I’m grateful and humbled.
- Sweet Husband. He had a few missteps over the holiday, but he has done his damnedest to redeem himself. Now the truth is that I would have come around and gotten over my mad. One of the things that is so endearing about him is that he can’t stand for me to be upset with him. He will do anything to make a situation better, and he is so very sweet while he is doing it. In this instance, lots and lots of apologies, promises to make it better, and fireworks fountains for NYE because he knows that they are my favorites.
- Time off. It has gone so fast. Too fast. And I am not rested (hello up until after 4:00 in the morning and then back at it again at 9:30) but I have so needed this time.
- Quest 2016. I got behind on the prompts and the thinking but I’ve slowly been catching up. I think that many of you know about the fact that I’m going to be rebranding in 2016…because I’ve talked about it so much. In answering the questions that have been posed during the Quest, I’ve gotten a whole lot clearer about what I want and where I’m heading. what I’ve got planned. The questions really have gotten to the heart of what I want this place online to be. I’m so excited! (I’ve been looking at logo design and color schemes and all such things. It’s going to be good!)
- 2015. It’s been a good year. A better year than I ever expected. Everything seems to be falling in to place, which is nice because for too long its felt like life was all about the struggle and I was losing. Things feel good right now, and with 2016 moments away, I’m grateful for all the ways in which we have been blessed in 2015.
For what are you grateful in these final moments of 2015? I hope your year has been as blessed as mine and that you are ready to walk into the full possibilities of 2016. I know I am! Happy New Year y’all!!