Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things get counted as blessings:
- Kansas City Royals post-season baseball. I know. I KNOW. Baseball at the top of the list? Yup. And Sweet Husband understands. I love this Royals team, and while things are sunny, I’m thankful for them and for them keeping my hope alive. I might be a football fan, but I am a baseball fanatic. I’ve been waiting for Royals baseball to come back around for 30 years. Last year was the beginning; this year is a continuation.
- Sweet Husband. He’s still taking care of me, even when he himself is injured. He has a strained rotator cuff, but because I really, really want to get my living room pulled together, yesterday, he moved furniture into our living room…using just one arm. He’s cleaned up the house and taken care of the puppies. He really is the best…and if it’s going to make me happy – he’s willing to do it.
- A lazy weekend. You’d think that after spending two and a half weeks recovering from surgery and taking it easy, I wouldn’t need a lazy weekend, but it was just what I needed. Since my surgery, there has been a marked increase in my seizure activity, and while my seizures aren’t a big deal, the frequency at which they are occurring has really taken it out of me. Doing a little crocheting, sitting in the chair and watching a little baseball was just what we needed.
- Our house. With the living room almost done (SH needs to finish the credenza that will serve as the entertainment center), I am reminded why we loved this house so much. We’re slowly making it our own and seeing it come together makes me incredibly happy.
- The puppies. I do love our doggies and they have been super sweet as of late. Last night, the big man was doing barrel rolls in our bed, flipping around like that bulldog on trampoline.
- My car. We got it back last week, and I missed it. We were a one-vehicle family for almost two years. Doing it for a week was hell. Don’t wanna go back.
- Enough. This last week I have been reminded that we have enough. That even when it’s hard, we always have enough. We have always had enough. Sometimes when I am in the thick of anxiety and worry, I forget that. It’s good to be reminded.
Those are my blessings for this week. What’s making your highlight reel?