Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Cheap car repairs. The transmission in Sweet Husband’s truck has been going out for years (when it first started shifting crankily I told him to take it to the shop, but he didn’t listen to me. I think that’s a man thing), but Friday it finally gave up the ghost. The best father-in-law in the world has a ton of connections in car repair because of his business, and he found someone to fix things up for about $2500 less than what I was imagining we would have to pay. (It’s going to come with a warranty. And the shop has an outstanding reputation)
- Cooler weather. Although it’s going to be hot again this week, it was extremely pleasant this weekend.
- My mother-in-law. Her birthday was Sunday, and I’m so very lucky to have her in my life. I couldn’t ask for a better family to be a part of.
- Time with friends. Saturday night friends came by, picked me up, and took me to dinner. It was good to see them again because it has been way too long since we last spent time together.
- Sweet Husband. Before he left for the weekend, he moved bunch of stuff that he didn’t want to move, and then today he fixed the lawn mower and cut the back yard.
- Insurance. The new job has some great perks – one of which is that we can use a local clinic at very little cost.
- Friends. I encountered some unpleasantness this weekend. Some friends stepped in to help me feel better about it.
That’s the long and short of my week in gratitude. What about you? What are your highlights from the last week?