Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Massage. I posted on Facebook this weekend that when you go without massage, you convince yourself that you don’t need massage, that it’s a luxury and an “extra” but when you have a massage, you remember how vitally important it can be to overall health. I haven’t had a massage in a really long time, but I had a good one this weekend. Now, I felt like crap afterwards, but I don’t blame that on the massage; I blame that on the fact that I haven’t had one in so very long. I feel pretty good right now, and I think that I’m going to be making massage a monthly occurrence in my life. (It helps to have had a talented practitioner)
- An extended weekend. Labor Day is coming. While we are going to have a quick trip to Missouri to visit with the GrandSner again, it will be nice to have an extra day off.
- The Sner. She’s coming to go to Missouri with me over Labor Day. I get to see her twice a year, so I’ll take an extra visit however I can get it.
- Settling in. I’ve been home for a month, and we’ve started putting together this house. It’s been slow going, but we are getting there. Sweet Husband is getting things put up on the walls. It’s starting to look and feel like *our* home. I can’t wait for cooler weather so SH will do things like build our bed, create the frame for our vintage MS map, build the shelves, I need, construct the firepit for the back yard. We are slowly but surely getting there.
- Community. I’ve been working hard at my blog, and I’m really starting to get some traction. It’s really nice to be a part of a supportive community and to have people who are working to support me and my blogging goals.
- Sweet Husband. He really is the best. He works hard to do what he knows is going to make me happy…even if he isn’t quite keen on it…like the deal we got on what will be our new entertainment center. 😉
- My work. Not only do I feel like I’m doing meaningful, important work, I’m also making more money doing it. It’s taken two years, but I’m back to the level of pay I was at when I went back to the classroom. That extra money in the check will come in handy in helping SH and I meet the goals that we have set for ourselves.
I think that’s probably all of the big things on my list for this week. I have to say that I’m feeling particularly happy and blessed these days – like everything I want is falling into my lap. Most days I feel like I need to pinch myself. I know that this is what I’ve been working towards and that there are very few instances of luck or happenstance in our lives, but I feel lucky these days.
What about you? What blessings are you counting this week? In what ways are you feeling blessed?