Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Sweet Husband. He tries. He has the best heart. He might not always do the right thing, but I know that his intentions are golden. And when he gets it wrong, he will work like the devil to make it right. We don’t argue often, and only recently had our first major disagreement. But what it comes down to for him is a complete lack of pride when it comes to our relationship. Whatever it takes, whatever I need, he is going to do. I know that our marriage and me are the most important things in his life. I’m blessed.
- My work. I really am enjoying the place where I have landed. So far so good, and I feel like I’m being of use…that I’m doing good work. & I’m home every night.
- Opportunity. I knew there was this thing in the offing, but as I talk to other folks and begin to figure out compensation, I realize that this thing could be so very much more. And I am grateful.
- Family. I’ll say again that I have the best in-laws in the world. Somehow SH convinced his momma to come down and decorate his mancave…which means it is now the only finished room in the house, but there is a finished room in the house 😉 And SH has been inspired to make things happen in other rooms of the house. 😉 And she came bearing gifts! We need an island in the kitchen, and she brought one with her. Gotta love that!
- Insurance. Things are starting to come together and the accident that happened in February is beginning to be resolved. I will go to the doctor in mid-September, and because I’m still in quite a bit of pain, I will probably be scheduled for surgery. But. Things are coming together. And that’s a good thing.
- Hurricane Katrina. I’ll post more about Katrina in the coming days, but suffice to say while the storm was devastating to my beloved Mississippi Gulf Coast (a fact that gets little notice in most Katrina coverage), the storm was a blessing for me. It was through Katrina that I found my family. I have no idea where my life would be if it weren’t for her, so I am grateful.
I know this week’s post is a bit late – we are having a weather change, and a weather change is not good for me. It messes with my head something fierce, leaving me feeling run-down and ill. You know it’s serious business when I’m in the bed before 10:00, which was the case last night. And may well be the case tonight. Instead of pushing, through, I opted to prioritize my own self-care, which means this post was late and there may well not be a post for Wordless Wednesday. And I’m OK with that.
I hope y’all have had a good week and are making plans for an even better week to come. Tell me one good thing from your life in the last week or one thing you’re looking forward to.