For the last couple of weeks, I’ve been responding to Danielle LaPorte‘s invitations to think about my Core Desired Feelings and plan where I want my life to head.
This week’s invitation is to
Create an IDEAL NORMAL day plan.
Ohmigosh! This is a wonderful exercise. I think I’ve imagined this four million times.
My IDEAL NORMAL day looks like this:
- 8:00ish – Wake-up, make coffee, grab a bite
- 8:30ish – Spend an hour or so writing on the front porch, meditating, preparing for the day.
- 9:30ish – Exercise. Go for a walk along the beach and back. In my Ideal Normal day, I can’t quite decide if we’re along the beach or in the mountains. Either would make me happy I think as long as there is some water nearby. There’s something about water.
- 10:30ish – Home to clean up and prepare to begin the real work of the day.
- 11:30ish – Some sustenance before settling down to really work on some writing. Sitting at my desk, looking out over some flowers, some coffee or tea at hand. A comfortable chair lurking in a nearby corner for when a change in location will do me some good (kind of like my office now)
- 5:00ish – Getting up and grabbing my camera to head out during Magic Hour to see what captures my fancy or attention.
- 7:00ish – Dinner and snuggles with Sweet Husband, preparing to meet the evening together. Maybe some television, perhaps a movie. Connection and time together.
- 10:00ish – Time to edit photos or go back to the writing done earlier in the day and look at it again.
- 12:00ish – An hour or so for reading and catching up, seeing all that I missed during my too busy day.
- 2:00ish – Crawling into bed next to Sweet Husband to start it all over again.
I know that doesn’t leave a lot of time for sleeping. But the truth of the matter is that most of the time, I don’t need much more than about 6 hours. I’ve talked before about what my ideal rhythms are, and it’s to stay up until 2:00 or 3:00 and get out of bed around 8:00 or 9:00. That’s where my body is happy.
Maybe on some of those days, I’d teach a workshop in the afternoons or perhaps in the mornings. Writing or professional development. Something. Some interaction with others, sharing what I know because that’s an important part of who I am.
Danielle LaPorte said not to worry if there’s no way you can imagine these things actually happening. I know that in my life I can’t see a way yet for this to happen. But I also know that putting it out into the Universe is the first step in making it happen. When we put our hopes and dreams out there, much like in a Mondo Beyondo list, the Universe can begin to work on making those very things happen. It’s funny how She (the Universe) provides time and time again.
…and when I think about what my Core Desired Feelings are, what I see here, overwhelmingly is that I want to feel Creative, Healthy, Strong, Loved.
What does your Ideal Normal day look like? And what does it say about how you want to feel?