Each week I read a ton of blogs and articles, and when I find something I like, I enjoy passing it along to all of you here. The following are the gems from this week:
- Practical Ways to Find 10 Minutes to Make Your Dreams Come True – 10 Minute Writer. I particularly like the “have a plan before you sleep” one.
- Do You Want To Be Right Or Do You Want To Be Happy – Yes & Yes. I forget this a lot. Occasionally, more often than I like to admit, I get stuck in the need to be right. Usually it’s just easier to be happy. This particularly applies to my marriage 😉
- Beach Photography: 5 Tips for Better Beach Images – Elicia Graves for Click it Up a Notch. This is wonderful because we live literally 6 blocks from the beach. There are a lot of newish babies in our life, so I think that this will come in handy for me this summer.
- When You’re Inner Critic Shows Up, You’re Doing it Right – Vivienne McMaster Photography.
- Why Seeing Yourself as a Teacher Changes Everything For the Better – Jennifer Louden. I love these. This one in particular is why I went into education and became a teacher:
Because education changes everything and what you know can change someone else’s world forever.
I hope that I’m changing (or have changed) someone else’s word forever. Some days its a very difficult challenge and I have no idea how well I meet it.
- Downsizing Your Joy? Let Us Be Happy for You – Alexandra Franzen. I do this a lot. Way too often. Thank you for this very timely reminder.
- 10 Ways to Own Less – Be More With Less. Another very timely post for us. This week as part of the rearrangement of furniture (the dresser and chest are finally in the bedroom!), Sweet Husband went through his things in the spare room and got rid of 14 bags of clothing. We really need to work through what we really need and what we don’t before we begin bringing more into our home.
It’s a short list this week; we’re heading out for vacation and in preparation, I didn’t have time to troll for as many links as I normally do. I’ll make up for it with a New Orleans specific list next week 😉 See you back here then!