It’s Day 3 of Kat and Meredith’s August Moon series of prompts and today’s reads as
Meredith writes: Sometimes we get too caught up with life’s circumstances. Count the blessings you’ve had to be grateful for this year.
Once again, incredibly timely. Yesterday I wrote about transitions. At that time I didn’t know how soon the transition would happen, although I had an inkling that it would be within a few weeks. I thought September would roll around and then things would be put into motion.
That was not to be, though, and that’s OK because even though the timeline isn’t mine, the results are still the same. And for that, I’m grateful.
There are so many other things, though, for which I am grateful:
- As always, my incredibly Sweet Husband is at the top of any list of gratitude. Without him, I don’t know where I would be. I know I can make it through any situation that comes my way because I have before. But it is truly easier knowing that I am not alone.
- My family….those who are blood and those who are chosen. I am blessed with such wonderful people in my life.
- My friends. Those who have supported me and encouraged me and helped me through all of the difficulties this year.
- My education. While it makes things difficult at times, I do believe that ultimately, it will take me where I need to go.
- This amazing life here on the Coast. I love this place. Living here is one of the great joys of my life. We love that we get to live here.
- Opportunity. They say as one door closes, another opens, and that might be true. I really hope so. I suppose I will find out on Monday 😉
- Health. Both Sweet Husband and I are relatively healthy and we are working on getting healthier. I think that my health might be drastically improving in the immediate future, and that is exciting for me.
- Writing. I’ve been writing every morning for the last four months. It brings me peace and perspective, and I can’t imagine my life without it. I’m grateful.
- Time. Life is unfolding before us, and while I have a sense of urgency, I also have a sense that there will be time for things to work themselves out, that things will be OK.
- Peace. While I have a strong sense that things that have happened have been unjust…simply because I wouldn’t have treated others the way I have been treated…it’s OK. It really is.
- Passion. There are so many things that I love. I mentioned writing earlier. Photography. Gardening.
I think that’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to my gratitude and the things that sustain me. What about your gratitude list? For what are you thankful?