Today’s Wishcasting Wednesday prompt from Jamie Ridler Studios is as follows:
Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish to Work On?
Right now, because I’ve just finished a 15 hour work day, what I wish to work on is better time management skills. There are times in my business that will be busy and long hours will be required. But the things that we’re doing now and putting together are things that should have been maintained and updated all along. I know that we can’t change the past. And I know that moving forward things will be different. Things will be better. Right now I’m frustrated.
Since I’ve gotten that off my chest, it’s time to get to the things that I really want to work on (but seriously. time Management. HUGE for me. Gotta fix that):
- Communication skills. Or more accurately, having those hard conversations that I don’t necessarily want to have because they make me uncomfortable. My past life has often been about just swallowing those things and figuring out how to deal with it. That is unhealthy for me, and it doesn’t do the other people any favors. If I’m not willing to have those conversations, then I do the other person a huge disservice. Not to mention the disservice I do to myself.
- Photography. I have lots of things in place to help me work on my photography, get better at it, enjoy it. Shall we talk about that time management problem again? I didn’t take a single photo today. I had my phone with me and my camera in my purse, but there wasn’t any a moment for me to stop and take a picture.
- Writing. I didn’t write this morning because I woke up late and needed to be at work early. Writing isn’t looking good for tomorrow morning either. (Why am I sensing a theme that goes back to time management? *face palm*)
- My marriage. We are fine. But these long hours and trying to get pregnant make things difficult. It’s easy to take things for granted. Take things out on my spouse that I shouldn’t.
- My friendships. I miss my friends. I haven’t seen the Princess in ages, and she only lives an hour away. My Kentucky friends are turning into distant memories. No excuses.
- My financial security. We were talking about it last night. We’re making more money, but it’s as stressful as ever. I need to work on that.
That’s enough, isn’t it? More wishes than a person ought to have in one week, I think.
…and for those of you wondering about the Wishcasting Wednesday Early Edition…Amber came through surgery nicely. The surgery took longer than expected, but it went well. Now begins the recovery and waiting for the pathology results so the next steps are outlined. I’m hoping that she’s going to breeze through these next steps, and that a year from now, breast cancer is an unpleasant memory, a scar starting to heal.