On Wednesdays, I join with others and cast my wishes into the universe with Jamie Ridler at Jamie Ridler Studios as a part of Wishcasting Wednesdays. Each week Jamie provides us with a prompt to tap into our desires, and this week’s prompt is
What Do You Wish for Your Prosperity?
When I first read the prompt this morning in my bleary-eyed half-awake state, I immediately thought, prosperity equals money. The denotation of prosperity is closely tied to wealth and my mind wandered down that track as I stretched in front of the coffee maker and worked my way up to getting into the shower and getting ready for work.
Periodically through the day I thought a bit more about prosperity and what it means to me, what I need to have to consider myself prosperous, what I need for my own prosperity, and while there’s still an element of financial security tied to it, there’s quite a bit more to it than just that; things are often more complex than they first appear.
For my prosperity, I wish for the following:
- health – to enjoy the fruits of my labor, the pleasures of my love, the benefits of my passions, the joys of my creativity, the solace of my desires.
- generosity – we are blessed when we share what we have with those around us.
- passion – it leads to discovery and joy and connection with others.
- peace – tranquility in the soul is a treasure beyond measure.
- time – I keep coming back to this one again and again.
- love – the old saying is true – when you have love, you are rich beyond measure.
- balance – everything in its place and season. Another wisher has put it perfectly – that prosperity in the whole life, not just pieces of it but all of it.
Money is certainly nice, and I’ll not turn down the comfort and ease that it brings, the sense of security that it gives. While I’m wishing for prosperity, I’ll toss that in as well, but it’s the least of it for me. The others are so much more important.
What do you need for prosperity? What wishes are you placing this week?