Each week, I read a wide variety of blog posts and articles across the internet. I wander here and wander there and before I know it I’ve spent an eternity avoiding all the work that I should have been doing by reading other people’s writing. I share my favorites here with you each week. Enjoy!
- The Psychology of a Small Playlist on Repeat – Joseph Mosby. I don’t know that my playlist is all that small, but there do tend to be songs – maybe 5-8 of them – that I want to listen to all the time.
Repetition of anything makes us like the thing even more, while repetition of music specifically helps us sink into a groove. Perfect for improving our mood and ramping up our productivity at the same time.
- On Saying Yes (Mistakes We Knew We Were Making) – Trillie Sucks at Stuff! I need to think about more things to say yes to. I say no a lot, particularly when it comes to socializing or getting out of the house. I miss a lot of things.
- How to Make a Link Party Tracker – Purfylle. I don’t know if I need to be this organized yet, but I think I very well could be in the near future.
- The Classic Sazerac – Maddie Richardson Blogs. This reminds me that we need to make our way to New Orleans. It has been way too long since we have been.
- Being Seen – Habit of Being. This reminds me of the conversations m best friend and I have on a regular basis. I’ve said here many times that I could never imagine the life that I now get to live. It’s pretty amazing.
- The Unlocked Academy – Ellen Fondiler. Just as I’m wondering what I’m supposed to do with my life, something like this comes along.
- Why Surrounding Yourself With the Right People Matters – Firework People. There are people in my life who carry me when I need. I don’t know what I would do without them.
- Another Brick in the Wall – Song-ography – You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out. Excellent photos of a fascinating place!
- The Sony Marriage is Off – Karen Hutton. While I am interested in the switch to mirrorless, check out the gorgeous photos taken with an iPhone 6.
- The Real Inner Circle – Susannah Conway. This gives me a lot to think about. I don’t know that I’ve ever felt my own feelings rising to a level of toxicity but I do know there have been some triggers touched.
- Screen Freedom: Make a Visual Journal – Maxabella Loves. I love this idea! There are no littles for me…but I still like the idea.
- Questions, Answers & a Pink Moon Collaboration – Kat McNally. I love anything Kat does, but it sounds like I’m going to be challenged with this. There’s still time to join!
- April Journal Prompts! I know that for me I like to have some choices when I am trying to get my Morning Pages done. I get stuck now and again.
- Acceptance in Infertility: 9 Untruths in the ‘Never Give Up’ Message – Justine Brooks Froelker for the Huffington Post. I have come to the point of acceptance. What is, is. And I’m OK with it. For the most part. On most days. But it’s harder when people are well-meaning…yet hurtful.
These are my favorites for this week. Sorry I’ve gotten a bit off track with my posting. As I said here, testing and the ramp up to testing is really taking a lot out of my life. The hours I have for things like blog reading and posting are much shorter than I would prefer.
What’s your favorite read from the week?