Each week, I read a wide variety of blog posts and articles across the internet. I wander here and wander there and before I know it I’ve spent an eternity avoiding all the work that I should have been doing by reading other people’s writing. I share my favorites here with you each week in the Weekly Wanderings link round-up. Enjoy!
- Postcards from Lucca – David duChemin. I will forever love David duChemin’s photos and these are no exception. I almost appreciate his words more, though. He makes me think and he speaks to my soul.
There has always been pain, and suffering. There has always been evil and darkness. It hurts no less. But the light can be impossibly bright and blindingly beautiful when we turn towards it. I hope we’ll collectively turn to the light, to love, and away from the shadows where vengeance takes root and we start looking among the innocent for someone to blame. We are better, and bigger, than that.
- 5 Ways to Be Less Busy Right Now– Maxabella Loves. I’m gonna have to try the nose push, but right now ignoring the list is working quite well for me.
- A Healthy Way to Aspire to a Better Life – Zen Habits. I find this to be exceedingly true. I know that when I pay attention to what is good rather than what is bad or can be improved, the bad tends to begin to disappear.
- How to Chase Your Dreams Without Hating Your Life – Yes and Yes. This was a great read today. I’m in the process of adapting to a new dream and new potential, so this has been a good reminder for me about what it means to chase it. Numbers 1, 4, 6, and 11 really speak to me.
- The Holiday Journal Project – Hello Neverland. Are you interested in a slightly different approach to memory-keeping this holiday season? There is going to be a lot going on for me (a photography course, a blogging course, a wonder course, Reverb…) but I’m really like this. I really want to do more with my journal, and this could be a path to it for me.
- Hearing Voices in the Midst – Karen Hutton. Again, such an achingly beautiful image! This is another one of those perfectly timed images. I’m thinking about photography a lot right now – my style and what is important to me when I capture an image because that voice in the mist is telling me that there is a new path to walk. I want to make sure that I am thinking more about the feeling and the emotion behind the image. I’m in the middle of a conceptual photography course with Catherine Just right now, and it is making me think more and more.
- 10 Ways to Be Kind – The Triumphant Weed. It’s a great list that made me laugh…and the made me smile at the end. #10. Seriously, #10.
- Be Brave, Come Alive – Do What You Love. Good questions to think about as we step into a new season – one ones for me to contemplate seriously as I look to make shifts in my own life.
- Documenting a Romantic Getaway – Life Captured Inc. I really want to get better at the whole idea of memory-keeping. Sweet Husband and I are going to be going away next weekend. I want to remember to figure out how to record it and remember it in a meaningful way.
- 50 Questions to Foster Gratitude and Feel Good About Life – Tiny Buddha. I like these. I think they’ll make good journal prompts for my kiddos this week.
- I’ve Been Wanting to Tell You – Tiffany Han. I am feeling ready. There’s still work to do, but I’m ready to take the steps.
It’s okay to stand up for something you believe in – for yourself – even though other people may not like it. Even though it may make everyone who is used to you being quiet and small uncomfortable. Even though you aren’t sure that the world is ready for you.
- 30 November Writing Prompts – Mama’s Losin’ It. Somehow I missed these at the beginning of the month.
- 25 Questions to Ask Your Best Friend – Firework People. My girlfriends and I are getting together for a holiday bash in early December. I think I’m going to put these on cards at the table, and we can talk about them.
I hope you’ve had an outstanding week! Have you read something good? Let me know about it in the comments!