Each week, I read a wide variety of blog posts and articles across the internet. I wander here and wander there and before I know it I’ve spent an eternity avoiding all the work that I should have been doing by reading other people’s writing. I share my favorites here with you each week in the Weekly Wanderings link round-up. Enjoy!
- Why It’s Worth the Fight for Rest – Nesting Place. I think this might be why I enjoy camping so – it feels like there is nothing to do except rest & be.
- Women on Roadtrips Aren’t Tragedies Waiting to Happen. We’re Free Like Men – Glynnis MacNichol. I am a road-warrior. I enjoy my road-trips but it has only been in the last couple of years that I’ve gotten comfortable & confident in my travels.
- How Summer Travels Help Your Summer Writing – Pema Donyo. I’m always looking for ways to improve my writing & this has some good ideas.
- Protecting Against Negative People When You’re Trying to Do Something New – With Laura Simms. This came at the right moment for me – while what I’m doing isn’t necessarily creative work, it is new work & I find myself needing to protect both it & myself.
- Rumination on Responsibility & Race – J.K. Ward for Royals Review. As a huge baseball fan – & a Royals fan in particular – I find the narrative around the team this year to be troubling. But more than that, I have for the last couple of years been uncomfortable with how race is referenced in this country. There’s a lot simmering just below the surface; we ignore it at our peril.
- My 3 Tips for When Your Deiste Gets Real, Fast – Mama Gena’s School for Womanly Arts. I’m not so much a fan of the dance party but I will sing my heart out. And I clean. Need to give bragging a try.
- Four Ways We Learned to Stop Fighting About Money – Maddie Eisenhart for A Practical Wedding. We aren’t a couple who fights about money either but it creates a lot of tension and angst for each of us. The last week and a half brought all of that into very sharp relief. We need to do something different because I don’t like feeling like we are out of control with regard to our money. Some workable ideas here.
- Take Back Your Life – Rachel W. Cole. I’m really about about that I unlovability narrative…even when I know it’s not true.
- For the Love of Imagery: See Beyond the RAW File – Life Captured, Inc. I’m getting much better at recognizing the potential in my images. I don’t get discouraged by my histogram or what first shows up on my LCD screen.
- 31 August Writing Prompts & 31 August Vlogging prompts – Mama’s Losin’ It. I don’t normally include the Vlogging prompts because I don’t normally use them myself. But. I’m seriously considering Periscope which means I need something to talk about.
- 12 Tips on Staying Inspired – Oliur for Ultralinx. What a great graphic! There are a ton of these I could be doing!
- Be Brave, Creative Spirit – Jamie Ridler Studios. Why do we create…even when it’s hard , even when there aren’t enough hours in the day, even when it’s just for us? Because art – *is* powerful.
- August Moon – Alana Lawson, Wolf & Word. I do t often complete these challenges despite my best intentions but they always make me think. I’ll be joining for an August 15 start date. You?
What have you read lately that has been just right on target?
I think that in the near future these posts are going to take on a slightly different form. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about my “niche” and my ideal reader as well as my vision and mission for my blog. Some comments from readers as of late have been a bit of an epiphany for me, and I feel like I need to shift gears a little bit. No worries though! As with everything in my life, it’s going to take a bit to make the switch 😉