I read a lot of blog posts during the week – I kind of consider them like a little retreat during the beginning, middle, or end of a day – thus the title of this series of posts – weekly retreats. I try to remember to collect the best of them here for you each week so you can be as entertained or prodded or as moved as I am.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Creating Your Ideal Day – Jamie Ridler Studios. I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately…and I’ve been thinking about it a lot for a long time. Jamie was actually the prod that started me on the path and got to make a few changes towards going in the direction that I wanted to move, so it is good to see this post.
- How Meditation Changes Your Brain – Sara Lazar (thanks to Susannah Conway for sharing this!). We’re going to begin teaching our students how to meditate. I love the idea of showing this video to my colleagues and to our students.
- Hate Your Job? Here are 10 Things You Can Do Besides Cry in the Bathroom – Michelle Ward on CreativeLive. Some really great ideas here. A few of them I need to start using.
- The Best and the Rest – Meredith’s Daily Angst. Yes. So Much Yes. As a member of the infertile, it is so very hard. So hard. Crushingly, achingly hard.
- Are Your Photos Social Media Ready? – Fat Mum Slim. Considering where I want to head with my life and career, this post is incredibly timely. Like she’s…Speaking. Right. To. Me.
- 5 Pointers for Developing Freedom-Based and Creativity Work Flow – Danielle LaPorte. I currently have to move to the rhythms of a regular job, but it is important to me to remember these things because I do create work patterns outside of my daily job.
- 6 Tips for Storytelling Photography – Click It Up a Notch. Again – very timely. I’ve been looking for something like this but just haven’t gone searching yet (I know that makes sense). Hope I remember it today.
What of interest did you stumble across this week? Let me know in the comments!