This has been a lazy weekend. There wasn’t a whole lot of anything going on, which is OK. Some times that’s what you need to have happen – just some down-time to think and recover. There weren’t very many weekend wonders here, although it WAS a good weekend.
I’d say that our highlight this weekend was deciding upon what our new car is going to be – what sweet Josie will be replaced with. When we went out to test-drive vehicles Saturday, I didn’t realize that it was the last day of the month. I mean, I realized it, but I didn’t realize it. You know? So when we got to the car dealership, the salesman was all over us – ready to make a deal, any deal. I felt bad for taking up his time, but we really needed to actually get into cars. I wish we could have bought yesterday because I know the last day of the month is when dealers make the best deals, but some things can’t be helped.
We learned a lot – like the new generation Ford Escape is actually roomy enough for Sweet Husband. However, it’s a little to rich for our blood. What we have decided on is the Nissan Murano. We really liked the way it handled, the way it felt, and the room it had. So we have decided and now we just need to find the right one. I’ve seen a few online and have sent emails about them. Hopefully we will find one that fits our budget and will do well for us.
The vehicle search was our big excitement for the weekend, and I think that was probably enough excitement. The thought of spending that much money, figuring out how to afford it, what goes so there’s enough room and some padding in our budget…is actually quite stressful to me. Did I mention that I’ve never had a car payment? I’m almost 40 and have never had a car payment. *sigh* I suppose you have to grow up some time, eh?
Today we’ve been lazy. I had a nap. We had brunch. I made fresh whipped cream for in my coffee.
Sweet Husband made bloody marys, which were divine (we prefer ours made with bourbon. If you’ve never tried it…I recommend it). Gotta love the cajun pickled green beans.
I took a very long nap because I went to bed too late and got up too early and when I woke up, I found this sweetness happening:
As much as SH loves the Bourbie doggie, he loves the kitten. While I said that I didn’t want another cat after the Blackberry is gone, SH said that we will never not have a cat. He’s a cat man. I can appreciate that. I just think we need to start saving our pennies and nickels for a LitterRobot because I hate the litter box…even with our LitterMaid.
And that was our weekend. Quiet. Not quite productive. Lazy.
Oh. And there was that little thing about finally making it to 200 likes on my facebook page. That, my friends, is incredibly exciting! That means that I will be hosting a photo print give-away in the next couple of days. Right now I’m figuring out how exactly I want to run it and the best options for that, but I’m expecting that perhaps by Tuesday it will be ready to roll.
Because we have made it to March, it’s time to begin thinking about the things I want to accomplish this month. The accident really threw off my plans for February. I spent some time the last couple of days lining out what exactly I need and want to do in the next 31 days.
To that end, I have spring break coming. I just have to make it through the next week. And then I’ll be spending a few days in Jackson with friends so I can spend time with friends and take more pictures for my See Mississippi series. I’m excited about that. Very excited about it.
Here’s the break-down of my intentions for the month:
- Lose 5 pounds. I’m not feeling me right now. I haven’t been taking care of myself and I’ve fallen off a few wagons.
- Send a note to a friend each week.
- Complete the restoration of the rocking chair for the living room.
- Ready the front porch for spring/summer.
- Read 2 books.
- Finish my crochet projects.
- Have a girlfriends’ night.
- Switch cellphone carriers.
- Apply to all of the Coastal school districts and send resumes/cover letters to all middle and high schools.
- Update Linked-In page.
- Establish routines and rituals in my work tasks.
- Begin learning about social media marketing and management.
- Create a vision board.
- Re-establish my morning pages routine. I’ve gotten a bit out of practice as of late.
- Do one major See Mississippi photo shoot each week.
- Complete the FMSPAD for March.
- Create photo books for the photos taken so far this year.
- Set up Crated shop.
- Grow Photo Friday to 50 contributing members.
- Get my weekly photo posts scheduled on the weekends.
- Devise a workable social media strategy.
- Grow Twitter & Instagram followings by 75.
- Grow Facebook likes by 50.
- Host a photo give-away.
- Get New Moon wishes post done in time for the New Moon.
I can make my way through the next week, and then the long slog to Memorial Day will begin.
How was your weekend? Tell me your highlight! And what are you planning to work on this coming month?