Sometimes there are weekends that are so good that you forget to pause and document them. If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen a few images from this weekend, but it really wasn’t much. I know that seems paradoxical – so good you forget to document, but not much? But it’s true.
Sweet Husband and I decided last weekend that because he hadn’t been north to spend time with the family, it might be a good idea for him to come up. Friday nights are hard – SH, his momma, and I are teachers. By the time Friday night rolls around, we are worn out and just tired. SH’s daddy got us steaks from the best steakhouse in the area, and we chowed down at home before settling in to watch movies on the couch. Try not to be jealous of that much excitement. Sometimes, though, just being with the people you love is enough.
Saturday I woke with a splitting headache, so instead of attending the Hattiesburg Mardi Gras parade, we took it easy. When we finally got up and around, SH, his momma, and I made our way to a couple of places – antique shops, salvage stores, etc – just poking around a few other places before heading home to have a delicious dinner of first-of-the-season crawfish.
We wait forever for crawfish, and when it shows up, we know it’s too expensive. We all make noises about how we won’t pay more then $2.50-3.00/pound, but then we just can’t stand it and the next thing you know, you’ve paid $5.00/pound for them – when you just said that you would never pay that much for them, but somewhere in the back of your mind you remember that you do this at the beginning of last year too because you just need a taste to get your through. $100 later, after you’ve sucked heads and pinched tails and had a few beers, you groan about how good they were but how expensive, and pat your belly.
While the boys settled in to watch basketball, we made our way out for more antiquing and more salvage store shopping. I bought the things I was looking for and saw some fabulous ideas. Makes me remember that my project for spring break is to refinish a rocking chair I picked up for $5. I’ve been thinking we need some sort of chair in the living room, and while I’m looking for what I really want, the redone rocking chair will work nicely I think. I’m actually pretty excited about it (don’t tell SH – he’s been trying to throw that chair away for 2 years).
After shopping, SH and I made our way out to a friend’s where we had burgers for dinner and then spent the rest of the night sitting around a bonfire, drinking beer and talking about our lives and where we’re headed. I’m always a little surprised at how quickly the hours race away when you’re enjoying good times with good people.
Today has been lazy. Incredibly, supremely lazy. After a brief sleep-in, we made our way home where we took an incredibly luxurious nap and then made our way out for some lunch/dinner and grocery shopping. We’re preparing for the new week and making ready to get back into the swing.
There’s a lot that has to happen this week. Things are gearing up in lots of areas of our life, and I need to get some order and routines in place to make it easier for me to deal with them.
- Get back into my morning pages routine. I allowed things to get in the way of it this past week, and I only wrote once this past week. That’s unacceptable.
- Drink more water. It’s been quite awhile since I was last so dehydrated that I was nauseated & vomiting, but I hit that stage on Friday. I have a lovely new glass waterbottle, and I intend to drink at least 3 of those a day.
- Send 2 cards to friends.
- Order SH’s Valentine’s gift.
- Pull together application materials for the literacy coaching position.
- Create binders and folders for my office.
- Create schedule of work.
- Prep for the 2nd Photo Friday link-up. There weren’t very many of us this week, but I’m so proud and happy with the success! I’m glad there were people who wanted to join in and share some love. I really enjoyed the photos that were shared, and I think that participating in this is going to greatly improve my photography. I’m envious, and that makes me want to do better.
- Figure out the problem with the mobile sites.
- Prep and publish my 10 on 10 photo series, part of a photography circle with other ladies from my Clever Cookie School of blog group.
- Create new landing pages for several of my projects.
- Figure out promotion strategies for my See Mississippi series and my Photo Friday link-up
I hope that y’all had a great weekend! What was one awesome thing that happened? And what big dreams are you running after this week?