It has been a restful weekend, and I’m home this evening alone, debating whether I’m going to attempt to watch the Super Bowl or do a little work and just going to bed. It is rare to have time at home by myself, and I’m trying to figure out how I want to best take advantage of it. I know that I need to get some grading done and I need to do some lesson planning as well as get my bag for the week packed, but all I really want to do is go to bed.
Perhaps it is the weather. While it is warmer out there, the fog rolled in last night and hasn’t left. The slight mist that’s been falling all day has gotten heavier. After I made breakfast this morning, I laid back down and slept for about two and a half hours. I could go back to bed now. But for that work that needs to be done. *sigh*
Last night we went to see the Fab Four at the Hard Rock with Sweet Husband’s parents. It’s been awhile since we’ve been to a show. Our first year down on here on the Coast, we went to what seemed like a million shows. We had a great connection and had free tickets pretty much any time we wanted them. Since then, though, we’ve only been to a few shows. We had a great time last night, though, and we we were reminded how much fun it is to get out and see live music, especially when it’s as good as the Beatles.
Now that the weekend has been re-capped, it’s time to plan for the week. I think I’m finally ready to start setting a few more concrete goals for myself and the week – outside of continuing to “show up”.
My intentions for the coming week are as follows:
- Write every day (both here and in my journal)
- Take a photo every day
- Make good use of my free time at work, which means use that planning period to get the day’s work into my grade book so I’m not facing half a term’s worth of work that needs to be entered
- Exercise on the days that I am not traveling home to the Coast
- Get back into my mindfulness habits
- Re-work my to-do list to make it more functional and actually useful to me
- Get Valentines Day planned
I think that’s probably enough for one week. What are your plans for the coming week?