Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- The Sner. She’s been here for a almost two weeks and is getting ready to head home. I won’t see her again until almost Christmas, so it’ll be difficult to see her off. She’s been a huge help as we went through this process of buying a house, but more importantly, we will just miss her.
- The GrandSner. When we last saw her in December, she wasn’t well…like so wasn’t well that we were concerned that she wasn’t going to be with us much longer. This visit, though, while she remains fuzzy, she was up, dressing each day and for the first time since she’s been in the nursing home, going to lunch and dinner most days in the cafeteria.
- Sweet Husband. He’s pretty patient with me and he packed a whole bunch of stuff while we were gone. He’s also incredibly supportive, believing I can do anything. Perhaps best of all, he is very gentle when he’s letting me know when I’m being pretty selfish.,
- Safe travels. Even though the tire inflation sensor went off a couple of times, we had a great trip. I’ve ridden & driven lots of miles in my life, and outside a few frightening incidents, I’ve not had real trouble with a vehicle. I’m thankful the tradition continues.
- The team that helped us get into our house: our fabulous realtor, the mortgage team, our closing attorney.
- The previous owners of our house. At closing, he slid us a Visa gift card and said that there were a few things he had told us he would get done but didn’t have time. He wanted to give give us the gift card so we could do them without a financial burden to us.
- Our new house. We won’t be fully in until this weekend, but I’m ready to start making it our own. We have tons of work to do (mainly in the yard), but all-in-all, we have a move-in-ready house.
For what are you thankful this week? What blessings are you counting?
Where I’m linking up.