Because there are documented benefits to a regular practice of gratitude and thanksgiving, I pause on Tuesdays and give thanks for all of the wonderful things in my life. There are really too many to list, but I try to make Tuesdays my highlight reel.
This week, the following things are making the list:
- Sweet Husband. Y’all must get tired of hearing me rave about what an awesome husband he is, but…he is. Even when he is annoying me. Like this morning.He figured out pretty quickly the best course of action was to get out of the way. And even when I was unkind, he was generous and still the sweet, sweet husband I know and love. I’m lucky, I know.
- All the participants in this week’s Photo Friday. I can’t thank y’all enough.
- Time with a friend. Life gets really busy and it’s difficult to connect with friends and loved ones, so when we do get the chance, it is something to be treasured.
- Getting to met an idol. I didn’t say much to her other than, when I taught on a team who’s mascots had to be a patriot, I insisted that it be a woman – Abigail Adams, in fact.
- Some sunshine despite the rain. We’re supposed to get a ton of rain this coming week – it makes my head hurt and makes me weak and shaky. In a week of gloom, the sunshine was a gift.
- Opportunity and the chance to take advantage of it.
- Healing. My shoulder is still painful and aching, but it’s getting better. 2 more weeks of physical therapy will hopefully see a resolution to all of this mess. it feels like it has been going on forever.
- Good credit. I just checked my free annual report, and I gotta say, we’re in good shape, which means when we got to buy a house hopefully soon, we’ll be good.
What makes you Thanksgiving list this week? For what are you grateful?
Don’t forget about my give-away to say Thanks for getting us to 200 likes on my Facebook page! The drawing closes at midnight on April 14, so make sure you’ve gotten your entries in! The prints have come in and they are AMAZING! To see what’s up for grabs, click here.